Tuesday, March 17, 2009

One foot in front of the other

Been listening to a lot of Jars of Clay recently, specifically their album 'If I Left the Zoo.'

Fun day today, here are some highlights:

School was mostly uneventful. Good discussion in English, good prep in Math. It's hard to focus on those things when that's not where my hearts at right now though.

Got some new chucks (pictured right.)

Doin' a lot of processing and funeral stuff. I'm workin' on the piece I'm going to be saying at the funeral. It's hard. Hard, but good.

Family is awesome. I've been hanging out with aunts, my sister, parents, my grandma, and other family in everything but blood.

I've heard stories from old grandparent-types of them pulling up to their 50's sweetheart in beautiful cars. Today, I got to experience similar for myself! My friend, Michael Boerner, left the keys to his beautiful 1998 bright red Corvette to my dad for the week. Just hearing the engine is mouth watering.
My heart jumped when my dad threw me the keys so I could go pick up my girlfriend and drive her to a lacrosse game at Les Bois Junior High out in the middle of no where! We drove, we talked, and we got to the destination but couldn't find the game! Regardless, it was a great opportunity to take a walk in the sun and just be. Great memory.

Ended the night with a game of Apples to Apples, then did some work on an intense puzzle with Kona. She got 11 freakin' pieces, and I only got 6!

The sun shown through the inky darkness today.

Colin

3 comments:

  1. You are real and keepin' it real. You couldn't be more loved. Thanks for letting us in a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts the past few days have been very inspirational. God's light shines through you. It's wonderful how you can keep building great memories even in a troubled time. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Apples to Apples! Sounds like you had a good day! That car sounds sweet. What a nice thing to do! Keep staying strong. My Dad's looking forward to spending time with you guys! Wish I could come. But, Nathan and I hope you understand. Things at work are busy and don't allow for us to take time off this week. We will be with you all in our minds.

    Love,
    your cousin Kim

    ReplyDelete