Sunday, March 22, 2009

The music plays on

the music plays onYesterday night and today have been some of the most fun times I've ever had. My family so blesses me with their warm smiles and embraces.
Thanks to everyone who attended my brother's funeral yesterday. After that and the burial I really felt like a load was lifted off my chest. I still feel the pain often, like needles in my heart. However, I now also feel as though I can begin to move forward, whatever that means.
Today was spent sleeping in until 11:30, eating at Mongolian BBQ, going to see Gran Torino, playing games and laughing with family at my sister's house, and finally watching Meet the Parents on a projector screen with surround sound (yes, it makes the jokes funnier.)

I'm utterly blown away at the incredible support my family has recieved from people! Thank you all so much!!

Tomorrow means church and more family, both of which I look forward to. The incredible pain of the last week has shown me what it really means to trust God. I don't know a lot of things, but He does. Perhaps that's really what being a Ground Shaker means.
Pray for me as I move in to this next week- I get my wisdom teeth out on Monday! I look forward to watching many movies and smiling at my friends and girlfriend with chipmunk cheeks :)

And so, the music plays on
Colin

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you Colin! I love to hear about all you are processing and seeing you grow and mature into the man God has created you to be. I am blessed to know you and your family. Hugs all the way from India... see you in a few weeks. Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been praying for the Lord's healing hand to touch and comfort you. "So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you." Isaiah 41:10

    ReplyDelete
  3. "and chipmunk cheeks"...excellent...lol. luv ya bro!
    Kev

    ReplyDelete