Friday, January 1, 2010

Bringing in the New Year

This year, thanks to Ustream, I was able to stream LIVE the birthing of 2010. Watch, laugh, and disregard all political comments.





After bringing in the New Year with family, I really became aware how ready I was for 2009 to end. I really didn't have a fun year. That being said, I feel like I'm coming to the point where I can acknowledge that last year was no accident.

2010 represents not only a new year and a new decade, but a new start. Like a pine forest after the most disastrous of fires, I feel torn down, stripped bare, and, to a certain degree, left out in the cold and ashes. But, extending the metaphor further, I foresee these next years to be the start of something incredibly green. Just as a pine forest flourishes greatest after going through an incredibly destructive fire, so will be the next years of my life, and my families life. God doesn't want humans to live in pain. He's in the business of loving and making things work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His will.

I can't wait to see what Papa has in store for this year.

How did you celebrate?
Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment