Suffice it to say that I am ready to go home for Christmas. I'm ready to hug my family, roll around on the floor with my dog, drink my mom's eggnog, stay up late with friends, go to the movies with my dad, and play with my nephew. Christmas is beginning to seep into my being - that holly-infused goodness that brings to mind the smell of evergreens and the taste of goodies. And, most importantly, the warmth of being with my family.
What I've been enjoying lately:
- Coffee from Old Bisbee roasters. They're out of Bisbee, Arizona, which is my roommate's hometown. Check them out here.
- Playing way too much Skyrim, Batman: Arkham City, Halo Reach, and Zelda: Skyward Sword.
- Inheritance, the last book in the "Eragon" series.
- Smoking cigars with my best friends in my company here at school.
- My new flannel that I picked up from Pac Sun on Black Friday.
- Scoring better on my APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) then I ever had before, after majorly struggling with it earlier this year.
- Being sick with a bad cold for the last week. I had to take a day off of school to just do nothing. That's a pretty big deal at West Point, especially during a week when a million assignments are due.
- Economics and Arabic. Both of these classes have gotten progressively harder throughout the year. I'm thankful that this semester is almost over and that I'm passing in both of these classes.
- The struggle of desiring to stay in community with Christians here, but not being fed at the church services that are offered.
- Missing home.
- Missing the daily conversations with my friends from Boise.
- Carol of the Bells by August Burns Red
- His Favorite Christmas Story by Capital Lights
- Sleigh Ride by Relient K
- Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall cover by Boyce Avenue
- The Distance by Cake
- Constellations by Jack Johnson
|After successfully running in a 5k "zombie race" in October|
|Hanging out with one of my friends, Ted Kostich, at #OWS|
|A fall day driving to the mall from West Point|
|A beautiful barracks latte I created from scratch|
|A slightly emo picture of me. I don't remember the context, but I like it.|