Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday, 9, and The Beatles

The Rocket Summer - Saturday


Found at skreemr.com




Ahhhhh, the beauty of a Saturday. Yesterday, I was plagued by school, homework, and upcoming tests. But today, today is Saturday. The past is the past and the future is the future. Right now, however, it's Saturday. :D

Last night I hit up a Bless the Martyr show in Meridian. It was a fun show, and afterwords I went out with the band (they're all friends of mine) to Taco Bell. That's all fine and dandy, but by the time I got back it was close to 1:15am. That, combined with my having to get up every morning for either school or work at 5:45 left me absolutely and completely exhausted.

Which brings us to today. Saturday :) I slept in until noon, and woke with ideas in my head and a saying in my heart. "Carpe Diem." So, that's exactly what I decided to do.
After meeting up with a couple of my friends, Austin and Collin, we headed off to the Downtown Edwards to catch an afternoon showing of Shane Acker / TimBurton's 9.

9 was a fine movie, not great, but not awful. I found myself appreciating the CGI and animation more then anything else (the plot included.) If your expecting to see some kind of cartoon action/adventure movie, think again. 9 showed exactly what can be done when writers, actors, and special effect wizards (mainly the latter) put their minds together. 9 was no Nightmare Before Christmas, nor was it any kind of animated Wanted. It was a very pretty fireworks show. Once the fireworks ended, I was glad I had seen it, but also glad I had only paid matinee prices combined with a student discount (BODO Edwards FTW).

And now, after returning from 9, I find myself on my living room couch listening to The Beatles Love album. If you haven't listened to it yet, go buy it.

Could this Saturday get any better? Oh yeah, I've got my sisters birthday party and I get to see my girlfriend tonight!

How's your Saturday going?
Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment